This is The Tuning School’s most comprehensive learning system yet. It features the Ford Transmission printed course using HP Tuners along with the online learning companion.
The Ford Transmission Online Companion Course is designed to provide a visualized learning experience for every student who is learning at home.
In 6 comprehensive sessions, you are visually guided through the printed course materials as you learn a step-by-step tuning process for Ford’s 6R80 and 10R80 automatic transmissions.
Your Companion Course includes:
- 3 hours of lectures, quizzes, and practical self-assessments
- Certificate of Completion
- Multiple articles and external video content
- Access to our student only Facebook page
For a sample video of this course, please watch the video below:
The Tuning School puts you in control of your performance tuning process! Looking for just a little more performance with smooth shifts? Want an everyday transmission tune that still rips when you want it to? Looking for maximum performance and super snappy and sharp shifts? Towing heavy loads?
With a brand new learning and tuning innovation, you get to pick your process (Mild, Moderate, Aggressive or Towing) which keeps you in the driver’s seat during your learning journey.
Maximize the performance and longevity of your Mustangs, F150’s and more with this Transmission Course. Supercharge your knowledge with the Companion Course! Created for the HP Tuners VCM Suite.
- 6 Speed (6R80)
- 10 Speed (10R80)
- Mustang (2011-2020)
- F150 (2009-2020)
- Other platforms such as Bronco, Expedition, Ranger, RWD (check your vehicle’s transmission type before purchasing)
- Shift Schedule (When the upshifts and downshifts happen) as well as an easy to use Excel spreadsheet with the required conversions for easy tuning.
- Understanding Torque Capacities of transmissions
- Recognizing factors of time and normal wear that relate to choosing a Torque Management amount that meets your desired outcome
- Shift firmness
- Shift time
- TCC (Torque Converter) Lock/Unlock
- Understanding how a shift happens, and the process of the shift from initiation to completion
- Analyzing shifts using the VCM Scanner to quantify how a shift “feels” when stock and also when tuned well to help you progress in your tuning.
To view some excerpts and examples from the course click here
DOES NOT INCLUDE VCM SUITE OR HP TUNERS INTERFACE